AboutFacultyRank HoldersStudent AchievementsStaff Achievements
The Chemistry Department prepares students for a diverse and changing world. We strive to contribute to a chemically literate society through teaching (with classrooms, labs, and research), collaboration, mentoring, experiential learning, creative inquiry and public service.
- The Chemistry Department provides rigorous preparation of citizens whose career paths require expertise in chemistry.
- We are dedicated to rigorous standards for content knowledge, communication skills, research quality and professional behavior.
- We are committed to demonstrating science as a human endeavor and as a way to understand the natural world.
- The faculty in the Chemistry Department see themselves as resources for our units, university, region, state, nation, and world.
- As a community of scholars, we help individuals question critically, think logically, reason effectively, communicate clearly, act creatively, and live ethically.